Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Final Reflection



Final Reflections
This class was a perfect opportunity for me to try new websites and apps that would help me in the library.  Some of these websites I had used in the past but working with them allowed me to understand how I could use them more in my lessons and also for helping students learn how they could use them in presentations.  I really enjoyed working with the Comics.  I had worked with an App called Comic Life before but had not had the opportunity to work with ToonDoo.  This semester was filled with many assignments that were fun and helped me learn how I too can make lessons fun by using apps and sites that students can practice technology skills with. 


I enjoyed working with on the assignment for Blogs and Blog Readers.  This site that I enjoyed working with was Tumblr, and Bloglovin.  The different blogs allowed me to see what librarians are doing in the library and I was able to get ideas from that.  Sometimes what we need is a little help and these sites are excellent resources in doing that. 

Animoto was a site that I had worked with in the past.  I use Animoto for my website to showcase student work or projects that the students are working on.  QR Codes is a good way to get students familiar with the library.  I have used this with scavenger hunts around the library where students walk around scanning and finding materials that are in different areas of the library.   


This was my final class I graduate this Saturday and am so happy that I can start the school year with the knowledge of these wonderful sites and apps.    



No comments:

Post a Comment